Re: has someone seen something similar ?

On 04-05-2014 14:22, Ana Juaristi wrote:

People think that OpenERP is something for free since it can be downloaded from Internet. And it could be like that if you have enough knowledge to install, manage and even use it but otherwise it will have always a cost.
there are other open source programs that simply work out of the box.
examples are Mozilla, gimp, gnu-cash, jameica .. and so on. web based examples of more or less this dimension is joomla.

You can select having economical cost, contracting training and/or support, or your will need expending hours (a lot of hours) learning by yourself.
open source and costs have nothing to do with each other
I do not have costs with Mozilla or Joomla.
And It will not stop working when I have 4 users.
I donate 200 US$ per year, but that's another issue. I donate because I feel so.

Open source MUST live from donations.
If you want to sell it you must close it. (the source, not the company)
All companies who tried this compromise to let the community do the job and sell it afterwards have ended up catastrophic

It's like... I will give you materials and planes for free...
That's the problem the planes are wrong or nonexistent.
I spent a day to find out that the table where the "active" check box in hr is saved is not hr_employee where it should be logical but in resource_resource
Its not orthodox.
Its the same issue with debian and ubuntu.
Debian is orthodox, you know where to look if you search for something.
In Ubuntu the milk is at the toilet. and the toilet paper is in the tree in front of the house, but you first have to uninstall 50% of empty milk canes.
And that is the same with openerp. Its a undocumented chaos.
No comments, no docs.
And everybody who knows something is trying to sell this knowledge for money.

now... build the house.
but that is not my job, I am the user. I am supposed to USE it. Not to develop it. Open Source does not mean everybody is a developer or will not be able to use it.

If you are expert building houses... you are lucky.
Then I can write my own application.

Don't get me wrong, maybe I would hire a expert to help me.
But I am scared to do so, because he is hungry, and all he is thinking off is how to write a bigger bill. Or how he can place a troian to find out how many user i have to write a higher bill , because with 5 users now I MUST PAY MOOOOORE

/Mit freundlichen Grüssen/
*Christian Eichert*
Mobile: 	+49(1515)8550188
VoIP: 	+49(7422)2003661