Re: OCA LP Project migration to Github

Hello Joël,

thank you so much for the work.
I agree on all the points you made.

If you want you can pass me the list of users to add to the teams, I can
script something to do it or do it manually else.

I can also push the converted LP to git branches (using git bzr helper) if
you like as I'm used to do that (but it's not too complex either, just
proposing my help).
We push the head of each v7 branch, right? Is there any need to branch a v8
branch on Launchpad before doing that to stay as a reference (so we can
analyse on LP how it was when it was separated?

Also, sorry if I missed this point but: OK we will push the 8 series to
Github.

But will we also push a 7.0 serie to Github, even just as readonly (by
discipline). I think that would be very useful to mirror 7.0 and even 6.1
to Github so that we can later merge part of these branches to the v8
branch. So such mirroring is not a 1 time job, it should be a cron. I can
do it on our server like we did for the previous git synch if you want
(it's quite easy).

What do you think?

The logo looks cool. Long life to it!

--
Raphaël Valyi
Founder and consultant

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 7:18 AM, Joël Grand-Guillaume <
joel.grandguillaume@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear all,
>

> Thanks a lot for all your feedback here. So, to summarize opinions here:
>
>  * Version <= 7.0 keep Launchpad as a reference. We eventually setup a
> replication in github (lp -> gituhub) in a couple of weeks
>
>  * We do use one organization on github for the whole community work
>
>  * We create one team on github per area of expertize (so that means like
> it is now on LP). I tried to see if we can lower the number of team, but
> wasn't able to decide how to merge them. Any though here, the list is here :
> https://launchpad.net/~openerp-community-reviewer/+participation ?
>
>  * Every LP project become a repository on github. The branches hosted
> under the community reviewer team (bazaar extractor, etc..) will have a new
> repo called something like "community toolkit".
>
>  * Branches represent the serie (like OpenERP did with odoo)
>
> The only disadvantage I see here is that we cannot include a team in a
> team on github. So that means, we'll no longer have a community reviewer
> team that is part of all other team. We'll need to add in every team the
> right people, but apart from a bit of "administrative" work, it'll be ok.
>
> As Nhomar pointed out, I already took the time to create this organization
> on github : https://github.com/OdooCommunity
>
> It was a first test from me, but if you agree, I'll spend some time to
> create the team and repos. I suggest also that I make an OCA-board team
> with the administration right on the organization. So current OCA board
> member will be able to administrate the organization as well.
>
> As some of you already notice, I also took the liberty to make a new logo,
> keeping the ant ;) Hope it please you all !
>
> Regards,
>
> Joël
>

> On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 9:16 AM, Alejandro Catalina <alecatfel@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I also agree with the last proposal, one github organization and several
>> repositories, one for each launchpad project.
>>
>> So let's move on. I think the best way to move all those projects and
>> branches is to divide the work between all of us. We could make a list of
>> all launchpad URL involved and begin the job.
>>
>> What do you think about?

>>> I'm also agree with Stefan point of view.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> --
>>> Quentin THEURET
>>>
>>> TeMPO Consulting