Re: OCA LP Project migration to Github

Here is a proposal to cut the 47 teams into only 28:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15aVznH-4ploi7d6yPvchyh5ZplzewbA2qYmDLDfndqU/edit?usp=sharing

  Some teams have only empty repos and have been inactive.
  Not sure it it's worth to create them on GitHub, but I haven't removed
them from the list.

  Regards

/DR

Quoting Joël Grand-Guillaume <joel.grandguillaume@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Dear all,

Thanks a lot for all your feedback here. So, to summarize opinions here:

 * Version <= 7.0 keep Launchpad as a reference. We eventually setup a replication in github (lp -> gituhub) in a couple of weeks

         * We do use one organization on github for the whole community work

 * We create one team on github per area of expertize (so that means like it is now on LP). I tried to see if we can lower the number of team, but wasn't able to decide how to merge them. Any though here, the list is here :https://launchpad.net/~openerp-community-reviewer/+participation ?

 * Every LP project become a repository on github. The branches hosted under the community reviewer team (bazaar extractor, etc..) will have a new repo called something like "community toolkit".

      * Branches represent the serie (like OpenERP did with odoo)

The only disadvantage I see here is that we cannot include a team in a team on github. So that means, we'll no longer have a community reviewer team that is part of all other team. We'll need to add in every team the right people, but apart from a bit of "administrative" work, it'll be ok.

As Nhomar pointed out, I already took the time to create this organization on github : https://github.com/OdooCommunity

It was a first test from me, but if you agree, I'll spend some time to create the team and repos. I suggest also that I make an OCA-board team with the administration right on the organization. So current OCA board member will be able to administrate the organization as well.

As some of you already notice, I also took the liberty to make a new logo, keeping the ant ;) Hope it please you all !

Regards,

    Joël