Re: OCA LP Project migration to Github

Hello,

Thanks for the work. I'm OK for most of the point except for the branch/lp
replication.

We should not mix the tools, it will be chaos.
It will not be wise to have a 7.0 series on launchpad and on github, people
will work on both at the same time.

If we have  a 7.0 branch on github it means 7.0 series should be closed on
LP.

Also having code on LP and Github will complexify forward/backward fix
merging.
I'm in favor to have all repo on github (or LP) only.

Regards

Nicolas

joel.grandguillaume@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Dear all,
>

> Thanks a lot for all your feedback here. So, to summarize opinions here:
>
>  * Version <= 7.0 keep Launchpad as a reference. We eventually setup a
> replication in github (lp -> gituhub) in a couple of weeks
>
>  * We do use one organization on github for the whole community work
>
>  * We create one team on github per area of expertize (so that means like
> it is now on LP). I tried to see if we can lower the number of team, but
> wasn't able to decide how to merge them. Any though here, the list is here :
> https://launchpad.net/~openerp-community-reviewer/+participation ?
>
>  * Every LP project become a repository on github. The branches hosted
> under the community reviewer team (bazaar extractor, etc..) will have a new
> repo called something like "community toolkit".
>
>  * Branches represent the serie (like OpenERP did with odoo)
>
> The only disadvantage I see here is that we cannot include a team in a
> team on github. So that means, we'll no longer have a community reviewer
> team that is part of all other team. We'll need to add in every team the
> right people, but apart from a bit of "administrative" work, it'll be ok.
>
> As Nhomar pointed out, I already took the time to create this organization
> on github : https://github.com/OdooCommunity
>
> It was a first test from me, but if you agree, I'll spend some time to
> create the team and repos. I suggest also that I make an OCA-board team
> with the administration right on the organization. So current OCA board
> member will be able to administrate the organization as well.
>
> As some of you already notice, I also took the liberty to make a new logo,
> keeping the ant ;) Hope it please you all !
>
> Regards,
>
> Joël
>

> On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 9:16 AM, Alejandro Catalina <alecatfel@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I also agree with the last proposal, one github organization and several
>> repositories, one for each launchpad project.
>>
>> So let's move on. I think the best way to move all those projects and
>> branches is to divide the work between all of us. We could make a list of
>> all launchpad URL involved and begin the job.
>>
>> What do you think about?

>>> I'm also agree with Stefan point of view.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> --
>>> Quentin THEURET
>>>
>>> TeMPO Consulting