Re: Could oca adopt report_webkit before v8

On Wednesday 21 May 2014 18:10:26 Eric Caudal wrote:
> Changing your mind is a good thing: not respecting common rules for
> release continuity is not.
>
> I can understand the reasons, not the method: it sends the wrong
> message to partners and customers about code stability.

As a customer I can confirm this. I have seen several situations in the
past where OpenERP decides overnight to make radical changes. I
regularly become uneasy becasue I don't know what I can depend on.

And that's not only for code stability. Pricing has seen the same
unexpected variations during the years. In the three years I'm following
OpenERP I have already seen 3 different pricing models. The most recent
change may be in my advantage (I am not even sure yet) but who knows
what I will find within a year ?

Perhaps change is exiting for OpenERP employees but as I customer I
value continuity and stability even more. The thing just has to work and
work well. All else is just hype.

Geert Janssens