Re: Transition to GitHub

On 05/21/2014 12:24 PM, Moises Lopez wrote:
Where you comment:
"3. Runbot [In Progress]
New runbot with GitHub integration will be ready soon."
Will you add support for GitHub repositories while preserving bzr compatibility
too?

The new runbot currently only supports GitHub, and it's not sure yet it will support LP/bzr too. If not then we'll simply keep the previous runbot working on LP branches. It could even be consistent with the location of the reference branch for each series, if we decide to keep the official v7 branches on LP. We'd have:
runbot v7 => LP v7 branches and earlier, runbot v8 => GitHub branches, v8.)
What do you think?

There are downsides to having the same series in 2 places, though, as was discussed for the OCA projects. So even if we have to do it in the short term (for compatibility and for translations), we need to consider the pro/cons for the longer term (e.g. extra confusion, keeping 3 separate repositories instead of just one, lp-gh sync needed, harder forward-ports, etc.)