force OpenERP / Python to release memory

Hello!

Having installed an instance (still openerp 6.1) on a auto-scale cloud server I am interested to reduce memory usage (night, weekends...) for which I get charged.

A possible answer I found here:
http://effbot.org/pyfaq/why-doesnt-python-release-the-memory-when-i-delete-a-large-object.htm

If the quote:
/"For speed", Python maintains an internal free list for integer objects. Unfortunately, that free list is both immortal and unbounded in size. floats also use an immortal & unbounded free list./ is true - memory will never decrease, as openerp/odoo heavily uses lists to store huge number of ids (account_move_lines, stock_moves, ...).

Obviously a restart of the server will solve the problem, but I would be interested if other solutions exist.

--
Ferdinand Gassauer
Eigentümer

Follow ups