Odoo License restriction?

Some time ago I did some modules for another software based on code taken
from OpenERP v7.0 and those modules was accepted to be part of the software
core functionalities. The modules was developed to be able to send and
receive emails via SMTP, POP3 and IMAP.

My question are related to the license restriction that someone may have
when the code from OpenERP/Odoo is used in a modified form to develop new
features for another software.
Odoo have the license:
GNU AFFERO GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE, Version 3, 19 November 2007
And the other software have LGPL license

The software maintainer write me with concerns about the license
interactions, and the news that the modules could not be integrated into
the core without removing the OpenERP source code.

Is there a way to allow someone to do this kind of develop based on OpenERP
source code??

We all develop OpenSource

Follow ups