Re: Odoo License restriction?

Le 10/07/2014 02:03, Axel Mendoza Pupo a écrit :
My question are related to the license restriction that someone may have when the code from OpenERP/Odoo is used in a modified form to develop new features for another software.
I'm not a lawer but:
1 - this is clearly "derivative work" of both the odoo module
2 - it's admitted that modules are themselves derivative works of the core.
so AGPL applies to your code.

Simply re-implement the AGPL part from scratch, i think it'd clear the problem and should be easy enough for a single module. Odoo SA themselves did that when they switched to AGPL, for small parts which conflicting contributors refused to relicence.

If reimplemnting is a problem, you still have the option to get a double-licence AGPL + LGPL :
1 - ask the original author of the module to relicence it as LGPL
2 - ask Odoo SA for a licence - I think they don't do that for the core itself, but here for a module they have nothing to do with, maybe they'd make an exception. You can always ask.