Re: Branch naming guidance for OCA inclusion, "7.9" ?

Hum that's an idea...

However it's the kind of branch where 95% of the development effort has
been concentrated during 10 months for instance, so having a low visibility
on such branch isn't so cool to attract people the project...

The issue is also to accommodate with the lack of schedule commitment with
Odoo core code. Not talking about these few days late against 7 July
commitment, but talking about the lack of timeline perspective in general.
For instance we started the "develop" fork of our localization 10 month
ago, because we though it was possible that eventually Odoo v8 would have
been around March and that would have been bad if we missed the window of
the major version change to concentrate the changes that needed to be made
in our localization. But then the "develop" fork stayed longer than we
initially though and took more importance. Anyway, not criticizing the
release process as we all have our constraints, but just highlighting this
has this kind of consequences and I'm also sure it has business
consequences for OpenERP SA as non coding guru partners tend to be unable
to follow these things and use to fail consequently, leaving the eco-system
and market in an eternal embryonic stage.

Anybody else having an opinion about how we could best fit these
transitional branches in OCA?

Regards

--
Raphaël Valyi