Re: Documentation V8

Hello Stéphane,

well I also created a gem extension of Gollum, the Wiki originated from
Github that is able to connect to any Odoo via JSON-RPC and also has page
inheritance just like Odoo. Basically a first extension makes it possible
to use Liquid (the templating language from Shopify or LocomotiveCMS) in
Gollum and then you can use erpify which plugs Ooor to Liquid in less than
100 lines of code.
https://github.com/akretion/liquid_gollum/blob/master/lib/liquid_gollum.rb

I feel reusing Liquid and Gollum is much less reinventing the wheel than
reinventing that web-framework in Odoo we all the scalability, security and
business model issues it carries. It may not be important for documention
but if  it fails to become sustainable because of these issues, you will
eat the consequences too.
An example of a great open source project running Gollum is Freeradius:
http://wiki.freeradius.org/Home

If you are interested in collaborating feel free to contact us or submit
your PR.

Regards.

--
Raphaël Valyi