Odoo 8.0: Call for translators

Dear contributors and translators,

As you know, we're working hard to prepare the v8 release and make it as stable as possible. We've done a lot of progress and we're reaching the point where we plan to migrate odoo.com to 8.0RC. It should be done next week if everything goes well.
This would put us at step 2 of the release steps [1].

At this point the current 8.0RC branch is considered frozen with regard to translation terms, and we've just updated all translation templates, including the translation of the new website-related modules. The templates have been updated both in GitHub and Launchpad.

It is therefore a good time to start working on the translations. I know many of you have been waiting for this day eagerly!

About 20% of the existing translations have been updated for 8.0, and a ~4k new terms have been added (mostly due to the new features in 8.0). We now have a total of ~21k terms.

How to translate
----------------

In order to preserve the current translation teams and the translation memory, the 8.0 translation will still be managed on Launchpad, as explained in the Github transition wiki page [2].

For this purpose a new 8.0 series has been added on Launchpad, and will *only* be used for translations (no source code). It is now the default focus for translations.

Here are the direct links for translating:

- addons: https://translations.launchpad.net/openobject-addons
- server: https://translations.launchpad.net/openobject-server
- web: https://translations.launchpad.net/openerp-web

(Do not forget to click "View all languages" at the bottom of the list)

To new translators: do not hesitate to make translations suggestions (anyone can do it on any language) and to ask for joining existing translation teams! (See References below for the list of teams)

Note: on Launchpad the modules are still split in 3 projects to preserve the existing translations from v7.

Reminder: regional languages (e.g. fr_BE or nl_BE) must not be translated like normal languages. Within Odoo they automatically contain the main language they are based on (e.g. fr_FR or nl_NL), so they should only translate the differences! It is normal that they appear as 0% translated in Launchpad.

Synchronization

The new translations will be exported every day by Launchpad, but will only be synchronized back to GitHub every week or so - don't panic if you cannot see your translations in GitHub every day! During synchronization the translations are of course merged back into a single project branch.

As usual, do not worry if you have not completed 100% of the translations in time for the release: updated translations will be included in the new installation packages every day, even after the release.
You can therefore focus on the most important parts first.

For the next release we will definitely have better tools for translators, let's just use the current tools one last time :-)

       Thank you all for making Odoo a unique and global project!