Re: Open command line in Windows

I'm trying to improve packaging and developer experience on all platforms. Running odoo.py under windows should work, I recently made a commit to make ctrl-c work from a cmd.exe shell

https://github.com/odoo/odoo/commit/fb9794835b764beea00bb040c68a72f3a1ae0360

Can you explain us with is the problem with the installer under Win XP ?

Developer installation under windows works like this:

git clone the repo,
pip install -r requirements.txt,
install a few compiled dependencies (psycopg, lxml, ...) and postgres

Then you should be able to run

\python27\python.exe odoo.py -r pglogin -w pgpwd

Intallation guide (linux, osx, windows), and deployement (linux, osx) guide are currently beeing written and will be published soon (in 2 weeks) as part of the new developer documentation:

https://www.odoo.com/documentation/8.0/index.html

I would like to push our deb and rpm package into debian (and derivatives), fedora and other distributions (like archlinux). Is anyone interested ?