News from the buildout recipes

Hello,

The version 1.9.0 of anybox.recipe.openerp is on the verge to be
released and become the new stable.
I'm announcing the release for tomorrow, instead of right now, because
of the incompatible change about "standalone" addons. If you have some,
then you must either upgrade your configuration or freeze the recipe
version to 1.8.5.

The new features of this release took a while to get stabilized (Git
subsystem refactors and group option). A nice side effect of that is
that test coverage has never been so high.

We also seem to be ready to jump on Github (see
https://github.com/anybox/anybox.recipe.odoo). Let me take this
opportunity to remind you of the plan that was announced during the Odoo
days :

- anybox.recipe.odoo will support for Odoo >= 8 only
- anybox.recipe.openerp has support for OpenERP >= 6.0. It is hosted as
branches in the Github repo for a.r.odoo.

In other words, anybox.recipe.odoo is for now the same thing as
anybox.recipe.openerp, without all the legacy cruft and compatibility
layers. I did an alpha release in june just to test the conversion to
Git. I'll do another one also tomorrow, right after the release of
a.r.openerp.
For now a.r.odoo is a bit experimental, but advanced users are warmly
invited to give it a try.

Regards,

[1] so-called "standalone addons" now need to be put explicitely in a
"group", see
http://docs.anybox.fr/anybox.recipe.openerp/trunk/configuration.html#the-group-addons-option

Follow ups