Re: AGPLv3 Product Configurator & OCA repo

Sorry for off topic.

product-attribute repo probably deserves a wider discussion.  Its become a
bit of a mish-mash of product related modules.

Pre v8 we had product-variant-multi repo and product-attribute repo being
actively maintained.  In v8, obviously Odoo added variant support, but it
was and still is quite incomplete compared to the product-variant of pre
v8.  But they called what was variant dimension values - product
attributes.  As a result all the work on filling the gaps of
product-variants went to product-attribute and it has become quite a large
repo of unrelated modules IMHO.

Then magento of course has the concept of attributes - so some primarily
magento related modules are in there.
Then we get a bunch of price related modules.
Then we have actual product attributes related modules.

Personally I'm for splitting this repo up, rather than adding to it.
Something like -

product-variant - for things related to variant management. (attribute
groups, product configurator, variant partcode generation etc)
product-pricing - for things related to product pricing
product-attribute - for things related to managing the attributes of
products (e.g. length, size, magento stuff, barcodes, weight)

Could also use a little dedupe - not much difference between product_size
and product_dimension for example.

But also I know how much work new repos are so really just for discussion.