Re: OpenERP as master for Magento Catalog management

Hi Jos sorry for my late anwser.

We are working on the catalog export. For now it's still not ready.
I did a test during the weekend on an export of 30 000 products
(configurable + images). We still have some bug on configurable product and
some missing feature on the image managment, but the work is on the good
way ;)

The branch is here :
https://code.launchpad.net/~akretion-team/openerp-connector-magento/connector-magentoconnect-catalog
but
I recommend to not test it for now if you are not a dev because you will
loose a lot of time, it's still under high-developpement so nothing stable
for now.

We still face to some limitation due to magento API. Indeed Magento
webservice are just ... horrible.

The actual big limitation are:

- No posibility to update the option of the attribute.
For exemple if you want to translate/rename the option "red" on the
attribute "color" then you can't. Because the APi do not exist. I already
add an ugly patch for having  the create working. Indeed by default magento
return TRUE when creating on option (yes you read it magento return TRUE !!
it's just crazy!)

- No posibility to manage the extra price on configurable.
The actual magento side module give the posibility to initialise the extra
price on the creation but we can not update it so it's useless

If you or someone have skill under magento and want to fix the magento
webservice => come here to contribute ;) I don't have skill on PHP so you
are really welcome.

I will send a mail to the mailing list want the branche will be more stable.

We will try to have a first version 'alpha' for the start of January. The
aim is to have a first stable release for the start of March.

Note that we totaly refactor the module product_variant_multi and we
introduce the concept of product_display which is similare to the product
configurable on magento side.

Have a good day