Re: Few Questions

On 01/16/2014 06:31 PM, Mike Lindsay wrote:
I did not see any magento version requirements in the documentation.
  After installing the module in OpenER, when I goto Connectors -->
Backends and create a new Backend, I see it says Magento 1.7.  Will it
not work with 1.8?  I tried connecting OpenERP to Magento 1.8 CE, and it
doesn't work.  Then again, that could be my newness setting up the
connector, and maybe I did something wrong.  I create the backend, and
when I click sync metadata, or import all customer groups, I get this:

    Server Traceback (most recent call last):
<snip>
    "/opt/openerp/mage/openerp-connector-magento/magentoerpconnect/unit/backend_adapter.py",
    line 126, in _call
    with magentolib.API(self.magento.location,
    AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'API'

Any thoughts?

Mike

Hi,

The minimal supported version is 1.7. I'm not aware of people running with 1.8, but I would be interested to have feedbacks (I think it should work).

Looking you error, it seems that you have a problem with the 'magento' python egg. How did you installed this egg? If you open a python interpreter and write 'import magento' what happens? And if it worked 'print magento.__version__'.

--
Guewen Baconnier
Business Solutions Software Developer

Camptocamp SA