Re: Difficulty in Upgrading (product_product_uniq_default_code)

Hi,

On 02/05/2014 05:56 AM, Landis Arnold wrote:
Hello,
I have been working on "updating" to the new Connector series.  It
seemed best that I do a Database Update just to be sure I was square
before I added/modified the new branches.
I apologize if the question here is too long:

*Subject 1: (pre 2.1 Series, likely 1.x end, updated just before
annoucment of 2.1)*
All goes well in Pre Series 2 Database update except, in
"product_product"  I get an error altering table regarding a "duplicate
entry" in a unique constraint field.
It seems to me this would repeat itself much more if I were to have
Items being used in Multiple Magento Backends - but I do not.  Still I
can't get through the Update using:

-u all -d (Active Database)

Evidently I have duplicate Data.

If you want to have it, you should update the records and execute manually:
ALTER Table "product_product" ADD Constraint
"product_product_uniq_default_code" unique(default_code)

I have gone through the database a few times now and I found two records that had duplicate values in "default_code".
They are Default Code "/" for (Service) and (Unreferenced Products)             (Seems like a Category entry rather than product)
I changed the later to /1A

and
Default Code "Gift Certificate"  (there are/were 2 Entries)
I changed the second to "Gift Certificate 2"

I plan to delete 1 or Both Gift Certificates, and will change the Codes "/" all together (I believe "Unreferenced products is a remnant frm my attempt at the OpenLabs connector)

In every event, the XML is throwing the error mentioned and still lets me access the Application.  Perhaps there is a "search" type command to find other duplicates I have not recognized.  (In general will he Connector be sure not to bring in Duplicates in "default_code"?
The connector does not add this constraint, it is added by another module. Anyway, OpenERP does not block the update of a module when it happens. The best way to find the duplicates is to log in the Postgres database and run the query: SELECT default_code, count(default_code) FROM product_product GROUP BY default_code HAVING count(default_code) > 1;

Once you have corrected them all, you can create the constraint with:
ALTER Table "product_product" ADD Constraint "product_product_uniq_default_code" unique(default_code)

---

*Subject 2 -> 2.1 Series of Connector*
I mention the above because prior I I had tried to modify/add/use the
new branches (bzr branch lp:openerp-connector-ecommerce/7.0
openerp-connector-ecommerce
Did you added the new branch in the addons-path?
and got a string of errors.  It seems I need to run some module installs
after adding the branches and before updating the database.  Prior to
the update (in subject above) the Connector seems to be working correctly

  There seem to have been "Unmet Dependencies" related to
"magentoerpconnect", "connector_ecommerce""web" and "shipping line builder"

At present, I went back to previous snapshot and  do not have the
branches installed, but the intention is to get there.  Perhaps I missed
something regarding the proper upgrade to 2.10.  Does the "Shippiing
Line Builder" as an extension come in at that point?  Should it somehow
already be in my earlier Extension sets?
I'm not aware of a "Shipping Line Builder" module. What is the exact text in the logs?

all help is appreciated.
thank you,

--
Landis Arnold