Re: Openerp-connector and Multi-company

On 03/20/2014 04:54 PM, Mignon, Laurent wrote:

Thank for the comments

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 3:22 PM, Guewen Baconnier
<guewen.baconnier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:guewen.baconnier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Is it really necessary? I mean, jobs are technical, that's a jobs
    queue. It is not meant to be accessible to everyone but rather
    technical users. If the queue was implemented using RabbitMQ or
    Redis would you also bother with that?

I think yes. In a multi company env, we have technical users by company
and a technical user from one company should not be able to see or do
action on a queue.job from an other company.

    I'm not strongly against than, but I'm not convinced neither. What
    is impact on the performance when using record rules on the jobs?
    This is the decisive point IMO.

Good question.  But do we really need to use the orm at the queue level?

For other pieces in the connector infrastructure we can use the the
conventional way to extend the models but job is at the border between
the queue implementation and openerp...

lmi

Interesting and clever point, you've got my attention. Considering this argument, I'm favorable to have this implemented.

Thanks,

--
Guewen Baconnier
Business Solutions Software Developer