Re: How do I install the 8.0 connector?

On 11/30/2014 04:47 PM, Ron wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to Odoo, have a few months python experience, but am otherwise
> a quite experienced programmer (30+ years). I need to write a connector
> from Odoo-v8 to a telephony application.
>
> The application runs on PostgreSQL, and I need to access that db directly.
> It contains persons, companies that I need to live-synch with Odoo.
>
> I found the v8 Connector, but when I git clone it into odoo/addons, it
> actually
> creates connector/connector. Is this intended? Of course I can just move the
> directories around, but I want to conform to best practices.
>
> Thanks,
> Ron

Hi Ron,

The recommended way to install external addons is not to clone them
inside odoo/addons.
Instead, you clone them in a separate directory, here is an example of
setup:

  root/
    server/addons/
    connector/
    other_addons_repo/

Then, you create an openerp.cfg file with all the addons paths:

   [options]
   addons_path =
/path/to/server/addons,/path/to/connector,path/to/other_addons_repo...

Every path is a folder that contains one to many addons.

Then, start your server with the option "-c /path/to/openerp.cfg".

BTW you may be interested in this implementation:
https://github.com/OCA/connector-interfaces/pull/7

--
Guewen Baconnier
Business Solutions Software Developer