Migration of the Magento Connector: update

Community,

The funding [0] for the migration of the Magento Connector is over and
fully funded.

The modules are migrated already, but not yet merged in the main
branches. They still need tests and reviews.

For the record, here is the buildout configuration to build the
project: https://github.com/guewen/odoo-connector-magento-buildout

And the migrated branches:
https://github.com/OCA/e-commerce/pull/35
https://github.com/OCA/e-commerce/pull/34
https://github.com/OCA/connector/pull/47
https://github.com/OCA/connector-ecommerce/pull/18
https://github.com/OCA/connector-magento/pull/85

Highlights of what has been done further than raw migration (pull
requests have more details in their descriptions):
* Implementation of the new Odoo API in the base Connector and in the
Magento connector
* New docker image for the Magento sample used in development [1]
* Greatly improved the test coverage of both the base Connector and
the Magento Connector

A few people also participated in the migration of the modules so I
want to thanks Jean-Sébastien Suzanne, Pedro Manuel Baeza Romero and
Qing Wang. Jean-Sébastien, amongst his work on the Magento Connector,
notably wrote a new nosetest runner [2] so nose can be used to run the
Connector tests.

Also, I would not consider the release totally ready yet without the
work of two fellows:

Tymoteusz Motylewski has started to write a clean, proper extension
[3] for Magento that will replace the old one. This is really really
something we need and was difficult to embody due to the lack of
Magento developers, so the Tymoteusz spontaneous proposal to
contribute just made me happy. Now that he lit the spark, I have a
hope that others will join and help him (and we would be able to
rapidly replace the module). We have a document with the required API
methods on the wiki [4]. Even if you are not a Magento expert, you can
refer to Tymoteusz.

Stéphane Bidoul has started a branch [5] on the Connector which
implements a new Jobs Runner, aiming to totally replace the current
Job Workers. The runner listens for jobs changes using Postgres NOTIFY
(so no more polling) and implements channels. Two things I wanted
since long ago and the way Stéphane implemented them is awesome. This
is a major step for the connector. By the way, it is backward
compatible and can coexists with the workers (before their
deprecation). If you are curious, go read his branch which explains
well how it works.

We are about to have a great release thanks to all the contributors
that I am proud to have on board.
Please help for the tests and reviews of the pull requests. If you
volunteer to help Tymoteusz with the Magento extension or to try out
the Stéphane's runner, it would be especially cool.

Thanks for reading

[0] https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/odoo-magento-connector-for-odoo-8-by-camptocamp
[1] https://github.com/guewen/docker-magento
[2] https://bitbucket.org/anybox/anybox.nose.odoo/overview