Re: OCA Code Sprint

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 10:29 AM, Carlos Liébana
<carlos.liebana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Markus,
>
> Did you get to some conclussion regarding the topic of "Bundle products"?
> We've got it on our roadmap right now and our idea is:
> - Treat the bundle as a service product, containing all the monetary and
> quantity info ordered by the customer.
> - Retrieve all the simple products chosen by the customer for the bundle,
> with price equal to 0. This simple products are stockable, and are managed
> by the warehouse in the transfer order accordingly.
>
> What do you think?

Hi Carlos,

We didn't tackle this question during the code sprint but I can share
some personal thoughts.
We implemented bundles like that on the while ago on the old Magento
connector for a customer and it is indeed a very good solution
(simple, all information displayed, allow to calculate the margin on
the  bundle, ...)
>From my experience, there is no one unique way to implement bundles
and it depends of the needs of the customers (some will need bill of
materials / manufacturing for instance).
Still, I think we could decide to implement this way to import the
bundles as the default one in the core module and care to keep things
decoupled enough to allow different implementations in  extensions?