Initial setup of Odoo-Magento connection

 Hello,

I want to get known with Odoo in order to use it with my current Magento
installation, but I have a problems with initial installation and
synchronisation.

On my laptop (Ubuntu) I have installed:

Odoo: 8.0-20150703
Magento: 1.9.1.0

Following steps from
http://odoo-magento-connector.com/guides/installation_guide.html I
installed Magento Connector and MagentoErpConnect.

With magento module installed as described in instructions I got Fault:
<Fault 3: 'Invalid api path.'> error on the very first step - Synchronize
Metadata. I checked my Magento installation and
the Openlabs_OpenERPConnector module was installed and active (this Magento
installation is with cache switched off).

After that I have installed OpenERPConnector module from Magento Connect in
version 1.6.1 (stable). With this version I am able to sync metadata, to
import customers (with strange importing of persons as companies) and to
import categories.

Now the problem is with import of products:

api.call(ol_catalog_product.info, [1359, None, None, 'id'])  --->  <Fault
3: 'Invalid api path.'>

I did some research in Google and seems that the problem is on Magento
part.

I would like to ask which versions of Odoo, OpenERPConnector, Magento
Connector are proven to work?

I don't have experience with Python, but a solid one with PHP and it is not
a problem to test/debug/fix problems in Magento module :-)

kind regards
Peter Vukadinov

Follow ups