Re: [Merge] lp:~openerp-dev/openobject-client-web/6.0-bug-744080-jra into lp:openobject-client-web/6.0

Review: Needs Information
If we're re-fetching shortcuts every time we're listing them what's the point of storing in session? Also there are several accesses to terp_shortcuts in code, are they still needed, why don't they alias to list(), and are they still safe?

> Any chance that this patch will bork at the RPC level and prevent further
operation? Is it always safe?

I don't see why it would be unsafe, it's just forcing an RPC fetch of the shortcuts every time they're displayed (after user is logged in) instead of relying on (potentially stale) session data.

Though it is inefficient and kind-of a hack: the issue here is that reloading shortcuts in session is done on context_reload, which is only performed on login or preferences save. So when you install new addons (as in the initial db setup) they can add a crapton of stuff which should be in the global context or in session (such as shortcuts and a bunch of setting), except since context is not reloaded after install (because clients have no way to know the action they asked for installed addons which added stuff in global context) you still get the old, empty one, and you don't have e.g. your shortcuts.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-dev/openobject-client-web/6.0-bug-744080-jra/+merge/56131
Your team OpenERP R&D Team is subscribed to branch lp:~openerp-dev/openobject-client-web/6.0-bug-744080-jra.