openerp-doc team mailing list archive

Re: doc.openerp.com: error when building v6.0 doc.

On 24/03/11 21:56, Don Kirkby wrote:
> When we build it locally, will we still see all the warnings? I think
> that's useful.

Yes I only changed the master build script on our builder system, not
the normal sphinx-build script. The master build script basically calls
the sphinx-build Makefile for the main doc and all the translations, and
then decides if it can be pushed online.

> What exactly is the criteria for a failed build? I assumed it was
> anything that had WARNING/2 in the message.

It used to be the case, but we had a ton of failed builds due to small
warnings here and there. Thus we decided to ignore a few common errors
that we know are harmless for publishing online.

Here's the specific regex we currently have:

grep -Evi "UserWarning|from lxml import etree|included in any
toctree|toctree references unknown document|toctree contains reference
to documenti|too short|unexpected.*indent|^$"

Any warning/error message on stderr that passes through this filter will
fail the build.