New bank reconciliation system by Almacom...

Hello,

I think localization and accounting expert should be aware of that
initiative and could comment on:
This is a forum post by fellow David Janssens here:
http://www.openobject.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=47878#47878

Here is the message:

"
There are a lot of posts on this forum related to problems with bank
reconciliation in OpenERP.
To use OpenERP for accounting here in Thailand, we had to develop our own
module (ac_account_thai, available on launchpad) that implements a new bank
reconciliation process.
The main problem with the default bank reconciliation in OpenERP is that
account entries are generated from bank statements. Then thoses entries have
to be reconciled with other entries (such as invoice entries).
This is not how most people do bank reconciliation. In Thailand, we normally
make entries in the bank account from payment vouchers and receipt vouchers.
Then the bank statements are just used to check that these entries are
accurate. The account entries in the bank account are not made from the bank
statement, but from the payment and receipt vouchers. The bank statement is
only used for verifying these entries.

If you are interested, you can check the ac_account_thai module, which is
currently still in development but nearing completion. I think we should
also consider splitting the bank reconciliation features into a separate
module, so that users in other countries can benefit from it.

David Janssens
Almacom (Thailand) Ltd.
www.almacom.co.th
"

I'm not sure where it's better to comment on. I suggest to keep the thread
eventually using the openerp-expert-accounting@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx mailing
list.
This kind of multi-domain topics is likely to happen again and we will need
a good policy to address it and avoid splitting the discussion.

Regards,

Raphaël Valyi
http://www.akretion.com

Follow ups