Re: accounting bug need expert review...

Hello.

I'm totally agree with Raphaël, when you need to relate for administrative
task, and you need to check, some imformation in the partner that was
related with a particular move_line, this keys is used.

A good example is in accounting system where the payable and receivable
account is acumulative and not unique by partner, you use this key for
relate this.

Other.

When you pay commisions based on payments and It's not based on sales
effective, you need this value related to the partner in an account of type
cash.

IMHO: I'm not accounting expert, but i don't think take off this key
generates some fault significative on behavior.

2010/2/25 Raphaël Valyi <rvalyi@xxxxxxxxx>

> Hello guys,
>
> for those who don't know that accounting bug
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/526930 deserve some
> expert accounting review.
>
> BTW: I've no big accounting skills myself, but technically speaking I vote
> for not removing the partner_id key info unless it's proven that no
> addons/extra addons rely on it, which I doubt. So I would prefer interface
> updates if they are required.
>
> Thanks
>
> Raphaël Valyi
> http://www.akretion.com