Re: Your opinion is needed to come to a solution for a bug in refund invoices

Hi,

I have just been through this issue. IMHO is that for refund invoice we can
keep the association with Customer / Supplier Invoice, and from that
invoice, we can get the invoice lines and from those line we can get the
prices. We need to maintain list of refunds for the same invoice.

But again even in this case, if product prices are calculated based on qty
(for example : for 1 product $5, for 2 price is $8,) then at the time of
return of 1 product either recalculation has to be done for refund or manual
intervation is needed . which i think will lead to same situation.

The second solution can be a date based price list maintenance. Instead of
changing the values directly in price list. One must create the new price
list to avoid such conflicts.

I would also looking forward for views of other accounting experts for the
same.

Thanks & Regards,
Parthiv