Re: Floating point precisions, balanced entries and VAT included reflex

Il giorno ven, 05/03/2010 alle 16.55 -0300, Cloves Almeida ha scritto:
> Accounting precision should not be hardcoded to "2". IIRC, the yen
> precision is "0". Someone could probably recall other currencies that
> such thing happens.
>
> No floats are allowed in accounting. Debit must match Credit, Assets
> must match Liabilities, period.

And not only, here in Italy we have a more complex situation.

We usually need to manage 5 decimals in pricelists (often in those
companies which sell electronic spare parts or other product with small
prices) but accounting MUST be ALWAYS kept with 2 decimals.

--
Davide Corio
email: davide.corio<at>domsense.com