Re: accounting requirements

On Tuesday 09 March 2010 23:32:23 Davide Corio wrote:
> Il giorno mar, 09/03/2010 alle 23.01 +0100, Luc Maurer ha scritto:
> > Hi Everybody,
> >
> > I am not agree that OpenERP is unusable for accounting purpose => we
> > have implemented lot of projects and it works fine. Of course we have
> > invested a lot of time and money to developp a real localisation
> > (l10n_ch etc..) but now we can say that it work fine.
>
> Hi Luc, what i tried to explain is that "unusable", in our case, means
> we cannot use OpenERP because it doesn't fit Italian laws.
> So, we are living the same situation you already faced before.
> We now need to spend the same amount of time and money you spent for you
> localisation.
> But, considering that a lot of accounting requirements are common among
> many countries, developing localisations "per country" by our-selves can
> turn out to be a waste of time and money.
>
> OpenERP works pretty well. Those problems aren't technical.
> we've installed and customized OpenERP for 15 clients more or less,
> but...at the moment, they cannot abandon their accounting software,
> otherwise they can risk sanctions because OpenERP doesn't manage all the
> data (or in the right way) the law requires as well as we need to
> implement a lot of new reports, forms and views the users are used to
> see in every accounting software and so on...
>
> So, again...OpenERP is perfect and wonderful. We just need to fill some
> gap to get it ready to fight the other competitors :-)
>
> regards,
I agree with Davide
* missing reports
* poor layout of reports
* existing reports are not meeting legal requirements (page number, date
printed, context ...- my usual critics)
* "strange" data entry (date/period selection, journal numbering ...
** some of this is handled now in my branch - we should discuss this
partner/community days.
--
regards
Ferdinand Gassauer