To: <openerp-expert-accounting@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2010 9:02 PM
Subject: [Openerp-expert-accounting] stock accounting - hide sales and/orinternal price for certain users

Hello!
one client thinks that it is not necessary nor desirable that users who just have to handle quantities shipping in/out should see neither cost nor sales
prices and values of products.
BTW this also should bring a performance gain, if these fields are not fetched (we had a discussion about this with Albert and Panos during community days)
if these are not displayed

Hence I propose to
* split the group "Stock worker" into
** Stock Worker Quantity" - who only sees quantities and no prices
** Stock Worker (as of now) who sees qty and all  prices
* modify product and all stock picking forms in a way that all price related fields are only visible to Stock Worker but not for "Stock Worker Quantity"
(this would be upwards compatible)

Again a question, if this should be standard behaviour or a module
--
regards
Ferdinand Gassauer