Re: stock accounting - hide sales and/orinternal price for certain users

On Thursday 01 April 2010 22:07:53 Grzegorz Grzelak wrote:
> I also faced this problem in PL companies. I met purchase managers which
> don't want warehouse workers to know the purchase prices.
>
> But I see that it is a problem with hiding purchase prices in OpenERP now
> when you use Average Price. Worker which make picking has to enter these
> prices during validating Incoming goods picking. Otherwise system desn't
> know what price should be applied. Only Standard Price allows it.
>
> In PL companies and local system works with FIFO costings which allows to
> pick imcoming moves with no price and apply purchase price (as cost) yet
> when invoice arrives. Then the prices are apllied to all lots (properly
> marked by timestamp lot) even if they are in other locations, consumed in
> production or already sold. All accounting moves are created as usual but
> suppressed for such cost establishing. I write it just to mention how
> Purchase price can be hidden for warehouse worker and set later on from
> invoice.
Does it mean that you have already such a module ?

Some additional thoughts
distinguish between incoming / outgoing products

incoming:
* if the price is printed on the suppliers picking/packing list - the stock
worker see the price any way - hence he can enter the data too.
* if the picking is based on a purchase order - the price shouldn't be
different from what will be invoiced (usually) - except
** freight
** customs
the purchase order should allow entering these 2 price components (as well as
discount) - ( it works for one client more than 10 years now - needs a bit
discipline)
* if the pricing described above does not work it might be an alternative to
modify the workflow from
** draft - done
** draft - received (without prices) - done (with prices)

outgoing
* usually the stock worker must not see the price
* often stock workers have to handle pro forma invoices for customs - hence
they will see sales prices. - but his is a question of internal organisation

> Regarding your question I vote for standard.
Good !