Re: [SPAM] [SPAM] Re: Some interesting accounting improvement

Ferdinand Gassauer escribió:
2 issues

* moves in draft mode > @Borja
I wrote earlier that it is easy to add sums for moves in draft - probably it's not ** my current implementation the period sums are updated avoids dead locks because the the moves_lines are sorted by id during the update of the sums - so postgres should be able to detect and solve conflicts. (at least ORACLE did so) ** IMHO it does not make sense to include draft moves as long these are not balanced and / or completely entered. *** work around - it we really decide that "draft" moves should be included in debit_draft and credit_draft, we probably should optionally modify the workflow form **** draft - posted to **** draft - balanced - posted and include only balanced moves in the sums
Just think about the "Chart of Accounts" wizard: It allows the user to see all the moves or the posted ones. You will need to store the draft sums to support this kind of query.
* opening balance @Luc
my current module is compatible (may be not yet bug free) with the current situation. ** my proposal is to automatically calculate opening balance (and store the value in a special period 'yyyy00' ** exclude the closing and opening move_lines (using a special flag in the closing/opening journal(s) ) from this automatic calculation => result : whether a company creates closing and opening moves or not - the period sums are correct and hold only period values - hence also for "closed years" general ledger, balances etc can be reproduced.using the period sums.
Just a note: The 'special period' should be somehow configurable, not fixed to yyyy00. In Spain 95% of companies use quarterly periods.

Anyway, I would make it optional like this:

   * Companies with full closing+opening moves: Do nothing, the opening
     balance is restored on the opening move.
   * Other companies: When closing a fiscal year, add it's final
     balance to the first period of the next fiscal year (like you do
     with the special period).

still an open issue - but can be solved - many companies require additional 13th, 14th and so on - virtual closingperiods during the fy closing
this can be accomplished by
* using different journals - but this is a hassle to select/exclude for reports * automatically create a new "virtual" period with 1 day length at the end of the fy if the real or virtual period for this day is already closed. (my preferred solution)
On Spain we use 'virtual' periods (dated 31/12 for the closing ones, and 01/01 for the opening ones). Those periods are marked on OpenERP as special (so OpenERP allows them to overlap with the normal periods).

--
Borja López Soilán
borjals@xxxxxxxxx

Pexego Sistemas Informáticos S.L.
Avenida de Magoi 66 - 27002 Lugo (España)
Tel./Fax 982801517
http://www.pexego.es