Expanding dot with zeros

Another localization improvement that may be useful to other countries:

In Spain, because some companies use lots of digits in account numbers, for
example an account number "705000005" is quite usual, we have implemented the
possibility of searching this account simply with "705.5". This means, somehow
that the dot is replaced with as many zeros as necessary to find the existing
account. Another example would be searching "43." which will probably find
"430000000".

This is very useful in our case, and have implemented that in l10n_chart_ES
module. Would other countries benefit from such a feature? Do you want us to
publish it in a more generic module?

--

Albert Cervera i Areny
http://www.NaN-tic.com