VAT - income accounts

IMHO currently there is no cross check if VAT-rates for accounts matches the
VAT rate of move - lines. it is even possible to create account_move_lines
without vat for such accounts.

in Austria is good accounting practice that sales accounts are linked to VAT
rates and hence the vat base_amount must match credit (or debit).

I understand well the problem of rapid changing VAT rates in some countries -
nevertheless - if we follow the suggestion to have time dependent VAT rates
for VAT - codes (account.tax) we should at least check the vat code defined
for the account matches the vat code of invoices and other postings.

it probably would be helpful to introduce configurable constraint checks for
* tax code account matches tax code move
* tax rate matches matches tax rate move
* base_amount matches debit or credit (this if any code is allowed)

for this the account must get a m2m for "allowed" (multiple) tax codes
(whereas currently the default code is defined)

--
Best Regards

ChriCar Beteiligungs- und Beratungs- GmbH
http://www.chricar.at/ChriCar/index.html
Dr. Ferdinand Gassauer
Official Tiny Partner