Re: Naming convention for VAT

HEllo experts

Here in Venezuela the convention is not important, I think if the 6.0
version will be able to ditinguish between lenguaje/country in example es_CA
es_ES es_VE en_UK en_ES, We can improve country by country this term.

IOH, the convention is less important than the "definition" I think in the
manual should be what was the concept used for this TAX-type.

I think a good definition that should be added to the manuals is:
http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/value-added-tax-VAT.html

Thanks.

2010/4/21 <geoff.gardiner@xxxxxxxxx>

> > is there no distinction in English ?
>
> > Expense accounts VAT -> "IVA soportado" or "IVA deducible"
> > Income accounts VAT -> "IVA devengado" or "IVA repercutido"
> We in the UK have
> - Input VAT for VAT on purchases
> - Output VAT for VAT on sales.
>
> We don't distinguish between refunds from original payments (in separate
> accounts), except for the sign of the transaction, AFAIK.
>
> Regards, Geoff

Saludos Cordiales

Nhomar G. Hernandez M.
+58-414-4110269