Re: Closing of fiscal year, draft and valid move_lines

On Wednesday 21 April 2010 21:20:59 Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:
> > to get a correct balance of the current year it seems to me that all
> > previous years must be closed - here in Austria the old year is open very
> > often up to 12 month. - result charts of accounts show incomplete
> > numbers.
> >
> > So I suggest a compatible change which sums up all open fiscal years
> > until the selected year.
> >
> I have to correct myself
> this works only for balance accounts
> not for  P&L

Here's another idea: allow creation of draft opening/closing year entries
without being forced to actually close the year. And on doing the final close,
replace the draft entries with a final version.

That way, you can always test how the year end is going to look and your chart
of accounts will show the correct balances.

Chris
--
credativ ltd
Open Source for business

credativ limited is registered in England & Wales, company no. 5261743
registered office: Suite 2 Bloxam Court, Corporation Street, Rugby CV21 2DU