Re: Closing of fiscal year, draft and valid move_lines - some more thoughts about special periods

Hello Ferdinand.. Only for concept...

I need to move all my account_move_lines to the close/open period to see the
correct result is this right?

""UPDATE FROM account_move_line SET period_id = conceptual_period WHERE
CRITERIA filter ""

If I have a customers who has normal moves at 31/12  and 01/01 How did i
need to configure this.

I remember to all accounting experts the coments about allow or not allow
moves with dates out the periods, can you please explain something with
this?.

Sorry but I'm very worried about this improve because the concept about
check the close and open period without closing can be done only with
special journals and IMHO this is the correct solution for 3 reasons.

1.- Is very generical way to do it.
2.- You can open a new installation without pay atention to the opening
process, only the journal, in this way you can begin more quikly on
production enviroments, and make the opening move with a little more time.
3.- In concepts put a *conceptual* period IMHO is not a clean way to do
that, even This is one of the thing about we decide try with openerp,
because you dont need to put nothing conceptual, all moves are real. In
other words I make _normal_accounting moves, in the right journal, and ready
i have my opening balance.... I think we have problems is with reports an
manuals because they don't say this explicitly!.

Thanks in advance for your apinions....

;-)