Re: Closing of fiscal year, draft and valid move_lines - some more thoughts about special periods

Nhomar Hernández escribió:

I remember to all accounting experts the coments about allow or not allow moves with dates out the periods, can you please explain something with this?.

Sorry but I'm very worried about this improve because the concept about check the close and open period without closing can be done only with special journals and IMHO this is the correct solution for 3 reasons.

1.- Is very generical way to do it.
2.- You can open a new installation without pay atention to the opening process, only the journal, in this way you can begin more quikly on production enviroments, and make the opening move with a little more time. 3.- In concepts put a *conceptual* period IMHO is not a clean way to do that, even This is one of the thing about we decide try with openerp, because you dont need to put nothing conceptual, all moves are real. In other words I make _normal_accounting moves, in the right journal, and ready i have my opening balance.... I think we have problems is with reports an manuals because they don't say this explicitly!.

On Spain, closing + opening moves are "real moves", as you say, but they don't usually go into a different journal; programs just mark the moves as being special.

The "closing period" is a pretty straightforward concept and widely used here: Most spanish accounting programs have special periods (like having 13 or more months per fiscal year, so you would use the 13th for closing moves; this way you can print a report at the end of the year [month 12] or after the closing [month 13]). So that 'conceptual' period, is a real tool accountants were using before OpenERP.

Even using an "opening period" to mark opening moves doesn't seem so complicated. It even works if you start working on OpenERP in the middle of the year. After all, you just do opening moves once a year, don't you?

You can even mix it with the idea of using a 'special' journal: Opening, P&L regularization and closing moves may be on that 'special' journal (not that special, in fact just another journal); but the opening move still needs to be told apart from the others, and you can do that with the periods. It's just that for some reports we must give the option to show or hide (by default) the closing period moves, so the user can review either the balance at the end of the year, or the checkout balance after the closing (to check that everything is 0 after the close).

Hello Ferdinand.. Only for concept...

I need to move all my account_move_lines to the close/open period to see the correct result is this right?

""UPDATE FROM account_move_line SET period_id = conceptual_period WHERE CRITERIA filter ""

If I have a customers who has normal moves at 31/12 and 01/01 How did i need to configure this.

If you already used a special journal it shouldn't be that hard:

UPDATE account_move_line SET period_id = <opening_period> WHERE journal_id = <your_special_journal> AND period_id = <your_first_period> UPDATE account_move SET period_id = <opening_period> WHERE journal_id = <your_special_journal> AND period_id = <your_first_period>

UPDATE account_move_line SET period_id = <closing_period> WHERE journal_id = <your_special_journal> AND period_id = <your_last_period> UPDATE account_move SET period_id = <closing_period> WHERE journal_id = <your_special_journal> AND period_id = <your_last_period>

Best regards,
Borja

--
Borja López Soilán
borjals@xxxxxxxxx

Pexego Sistemas Informáticos S.L.
Avenida de Magoi 66 - 27002 Lugo (España)
Tel./Fax 982801517
http://www.pexego.es