Re: Closing of fiscal year, draft and valid move_lines - some more thoughts about special periods

> Hello Ferdinand.. Only for concept...
>
> I need to move all my account_move_lines to the close/open period to see
> the correct result is this right?
>
> ""UPDATE FROM account_move_line SET period_id = conceptual_period WHERE
> CRITERIA filter ""
>
> If I have a customers who has normal moves at 31/12  and 01/01 How did i
> need to configure this.
>
> I remember to all accounting experts the coments about allow or not allow
> moves with dates out the periods, can you please explain something with
> this?.
>
> Sorry but I'm very worried about this improve because the concept about
> check the close and open period without closing can be done only with
> special journals and IMHO this is the correct solution for 3 reasons.
>
> 1.- Is very generical way to do it.
> 2.- You can open a new installation without pay atention to the opening
> process, only the journal, in this way you can begin more quikly on
> production enviroments, and make the opening move with a little more time.
>
>  3.- In concepts put a *conceptual* period IMHO is not a clean way to do
>  that, even This is one of the thing about we decide try with openerp,
>  because you dont need to put nothing conceptual, all moves are real. In
>  other words I make _normal_accounting moves, in the right journal, and
>  ready i have my opening balance.... I think we have problems is with
>  reports an manuals because they don't say this explicitly!.
>
> Thanks in advance for your apinions....
>
> ;-)
@Nhomar
Sorry for not answering earlier, but gmail accounts often do not pass our spam
filter.

To answer your question:
the patches currently will give correct numbers (bugs not excluded yet) if
* no "formal" closing is done (in Austria no one asked for closing during the
last 20 years or so.)
* if formal closing is done and special periods are used where special_open
period must have set date start and date stop to the first day of fiscal year
and special_close must have set date start and date stop to the last day of
fiscal year - so yes you must update your move_lines to benefit of this.
* As I said in another post it shouldn't be difficult to add include/exclude
option for various journals - which I find useful and interesting - yet
dangerous - option, if not well documented on printed reports.

What I probably will still do is to allow to select multiple periods which
will allow to generate numbers for quarterly and half year reports - actually
very important for many companies !!!

Nevertheless (at least) one question remains:
if one or more periods are selected what should be reported for fiscal years
* the complete fiscal year (that's what happens now - I didn't alter the
current implementation for fiscal year selection)
* the fiscal year including from beginning to the last period selected ( what
I would expect)
probably  I will add 3 additional fields so everyone is more or less happy ;-)

--
Best Regards

ChriCar Beteiligungs- und Beratungs- GmbH
http://www.chricar.at/ChriCar/index.html
Dr. Ferdinand Gassauer
Official Tiny Partner