Re: Bank Statements & bank transfers between two OpenERP bank accounts

Am Mittwoch 02 Juni 2010, 17:17:50 schrieb Borja López Soilán (Pexego):
> Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:
> > regarding the transfer of between banks
> > IMHO it can't work without intermediate account.
> > working with electronic data exchange it will and must always create 2
> > moves.
> >
> > just think of month end - you send money the last day from one bank and
> > it arrives the first day at the other bank - this is granted if the
> > receiver bank is abroad. (of course it's a good idea to avoid this and
> > respect bank latency) at least banks do it a years end and request
> > /accept transfers only until 2-3 days before years end.
>
> Yep, I know banks use two dates: the order date and the value date. But
> the usual (AFAIK) is not to create the partial moves into accounting,
> but wait for the order to be performed and create just one entry on the
> value date, so the delay is not a real problem on Spain (again, AFAIK).

Interesting - in Austria we have the situation that we usually have different
value dates in the 2 bank moves. some 1-3 days interest are "lost" for the
company. So we need 2 moves if we want to record the value date (BTW a missing
field?)
But we can specially ask for transfers on the same value date - but this is
subject to a certain fee and hence only done for bigger amounts where
fee < lost interests

--
Best Regards

ChriCar Beteiligungs- und Beratungs- GmbH
http://www.chricar.at/ChriCar/index.html
Dr. Ferdinand Gassauer
Official Tiny Partner