Re: Bank Statements & bank transfers between two OpenERP bank accounts

David Janssens wrote:
Hello,

I also ran into this problem many months ago...
My conclusion was that it is a bad idea to create journal entries from statements. In our thai accounting module (ac_account_thai), we therefore don't use the default statement objects of OpenERP. Bank journal entries are created from receipt/payment vouchers instead, as is common in Thailand. In ac_account_thai, bank statements are recorded in separate objects and don't create any journal entries. Bank statement reconciliation is implemented using a separate mechanism.
Thanks,
--
David Janssens
Almacom (Thailand) Ltd.

I'm starting to see a pattern here:

   * Some countries work mostly like the bank statements do (though
     bank fees need some work):
         o They have simple deposit/withdrawal movements (no taxes
           here; an invoice is created if taxes need to be detailed).
         o They import or reflect by hand the real bank statement lines
           as a whole (or batch).
         o They also use the bank statements as a "cash sheet".

   * Some countries work mostly like the voucher modules do:
         o They have complex movements (for example with taxes or details).
         o They create single documents for each transaction (useful
           for checks).
         o They may need to print a "receipt" for a single transaction.

I mean, both ways seem valid, but they aren't valid for every country / every company.

For Spanish companies, I think that "the bank statements way" just fits better how we work (we are heavily dependent on banks batch orders + cash; we don't use bank paychecks or credit notes that much...).

--
Borja López Soilán
borjals@xxxxxxxxx

Pexego Sistemas Informáticos S.L.
Avenida de Magoi 66 - 27002 Lugo (España)
Tel./Fax 982801517
http://www.pexego.es

AVISO LEGAL - CLÁUSULA DE PRIVACIDAD
Este mensaje se dirige exclusivamente a su destinatario y puede contener información privilegiada o confidencial. Si no es usted el destinatario indicado, queda informado de que la utilización, divulgación y/o copia sin autorización está prohibida en virtud de la legislación vigente. Si ha recibido este mensaje por error, le rogamos que nos lo comunique inmediatamente por esta misma vía y proceda a su destrucción.