trunk layout

Hello experts!

May I come up with a question?

I have put some layout changes into
https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-commiter/openobject-
addons/chricar_trunk_layout

currently stock_view.xml has massive conflicts which will take some hours to
solve again.

The proposal for merging is out since weeks - (which of course does not work
now any more)

If nobody is interested in getting unified layout of forms I will stop
spending my time on keeping this branch compatible with trunk.

Nevertheless I think unified layout (same field same position, same structure
) of various similar forms (SO,PO, picking, invoice and also others) is a key
success factor
* for professional layout and
* for efficient and short training sessions as well as
* for fast and efficient working especially for SME, because the same people
have to do sales and purchases, accounting and are completely confused having
positioned the same field in various positions, sometimes with slightly
different names.

And as I requested already multiple times:
* long char fields as partner, address MUST NOT be 2 of 6 column wide.
* all picking forms must show partner AND address , the way it's done now by
concatenating partner and address and putting it into a 2 of 6 column field is
really UNUSABLE here given the long names we have in German. Often it cuts off
already important parts of the partner name - address invisible (in GTK, Koo -
works only in WEB with word wrap) (Screen 1366x768 and a compact theme)

Partner names here often look like
* very long name GmbH
* very long name GmbH & Co KG

we must make sure that users SEE what is going to be committed.

end of rant of today ;-)
--
regards
Ferdinand Gassauer