Re: trunk layout

On Tuesday 07 September 2010 11:59:07 Olivier Dony wrote:
> Le 05/09/10 11:00, Ferdinand Gassauer a écrit :
> > @Olivier
> >
> > I followed your suggestion to put changes into a branch for each module
> > to keep the number of lines changed low.
>
> Thanks, this is quite an improvement over your previous proposals!
> We will try to proceed with the successive reviews of the these branches
> as we go on reviewing the corresponding Applications for RC1.
>
> > Please tell me how I should propose the merger starting with branches
> >
> > stock, SoPo, account,project,mrp,crm in this sequence
>
> As I mentioned in my direct reply to you, you can explictly set the
> dependencies between your branches when you submit your merge proposal,
> in the extra options there is the Prerequisite Branch setting.
> For example the merge proposal for chrichar-trunk-stock-SoPo can mention
> that it depends on the prior merge of chrichar-trunk-stock.
OK I'll do that in the future as it is not possible for me to modify a branch
with proposed merger.

> There are also a few issues remaining in your branches, probably due to
> the conflicts resolution. You will find them easily by quickly scanning
> the diffs of the merge props, any large block of diff, especially python
> code ones, needs to be checked (for example sale/sale.py in the SoPo
> branch)
sorry, I didn't see that, as it loads and works as expected.
fixed
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp-commiter/openobject-
addons/chricar_trunk_stock_SoPo/revision/4868

> > I DO NOT KNOW how to tell OpenERP that it must CONDITINALLY install a
> > module
>
> This is done in the configuration wizard of the module. Have a look at
> the configuration wizards of the new applications in v6, most will allow
> you to install additional modules, and you could perfectly well create
> one that detects the installed modules and select more modules for
> installation.
unfortunatley the base_contact issue requires python coding which is way above
my capabilities. but it is important to get this fixed.

> HTH,

Best Regards

ChriCar Beteiligungs- und Beratungs- GmbH
http://www.chricar.at/ChriCar/index.html
Dr. Ferdinand Gassauer
Official Tiny Partner