Re: account_payment, account_payment_extension: are you using it, refactoring?

Raphaël Valyi wrote:

    * In account_payment we can select the payments of several
      different partners. In account_voucher we can select only one
      partner. We absolutely would need to deal with several payments
      in one record. Is that the "batch" feature you mention? If yes,
      that's something we need here in Brazil to develop the "boleto"
      support upon it.
    * An other blocker is: account_payment has bank account
      information. As soon as we emit XML/electronic payment orders,
      we would definitely need to be able to select a bank account
      with the required account information so we can export them in
      the XML (like owner of the account, codes of the account, agency
      etc, just like account_payment has). We would need that in
      account_voucher to be able to use it.

Those two points are also interesting for the Spanish localization.

On Spain we usually send batch collections to the bank (yeah, collections, not payments; so account_payment_extension is needed): you just tell your bank "collect this invoices (vat number, reference and amount) from these bank accounts into my bank account", everything else is managed by the bank (they even might give you the money in advance (kind of a credit).
It's easy, it's lazy, so it is one of the most used payment methods here.

    * How account_voucher works with intermediary accounts? With
      "boletos" we don't need intermediary accounts, but a nice
      feature, of the yet complex bank statement/reconciliation of
      OpenERP is the ability to work with intermediary accounts. If
      you do ecommerce with Paypal fro instance, this is essential you
      can receive first on the intermediary account as the payment
      gateway tells the payment has been accepted and then you
      transfer the money on your account/reconcile after Paypall gives
      you the money. Will account_voucher works with those workflows?
      It seems important we don't multiply the payment user interfaces
      just because there is an intermediary account or not.

On Spain the collections/payments also have an associated workflow that may be complex and suggests the use of intermediary accounts. This workflow has been too complex to be fully covered on OpenERP 5.0 by account_payment+account_payment_extension, as it requires account moves to be created when the state of the collection changes:

  1. When you confirm an invoice, you have a "pending collection" (on
     the accounting side: you have an unreconciled entry on the partner
     account, for example 43_00_001 for the partner 1).
  2. When the maturity date comes, the collection goes into a "ready to
     collect" state: on Spanish accounting, it is recommended to
     reflect it on the accounting with a move to another account
     (43_10_001).
  3. When the collection is sent in batch to the bank ("batch
     processing"), it is again reflected with an accounting move (to
     the 43_11_001 or 43_12_001 depending on whether the bank gives you
     credit or waits for the collection to be paid).
  4. If the collection is refused it is again reflected on the
     accounting with a move (to the 43_15_001).
  5. When the collection is finally done, the last entry representing
the collection status is just conciliated with the bank/cash deposit. Currently only points 1 and 5 can be covered with OpenERP with account_payment module. Points 2, 3 and 4 are only partially covered by account_payment_extension: the status changes are not reflected on the accounting, but at least the status of the collection (pending, ready, included in order, done) is colorfully displayed.

So the question is: does account_voucher improves the handling of this kind of complex workflows?

Best regards.

--
Borja López Soilán
borjals@xxxxxxxxx

Pexego Sistemas Informáticos S.L.
Avenida de Magoi 66 - 27002 Lugo (España)
Tel./Fax 982801517
http://www.pexego.es

AVISO LEGAL - CLÁUSULA DE PRIVACIDAD
Este mensaje se dirige exclusivamente a su destinatario y puede contener información privilegiada o confidencial. Si no es usted el destinatario indicado, queda informado de que la utilización, divulgación y/o copia sin autorización está prohibida en virtud de la legislación vigente. Si ha recibido este mensaje por error, le rogamos que nos lo comunique inmediatamente por esta misma vía y proceda a su destrucción.