Re: One dashboard defined per application - performance and organisational issue

On Monday 27 September 2010 Aline Preillon wrote:
> On 23/09/10 13:47, Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:
> >
> > Hello!
> >
> > I basically agree to have one dashboard per application but I do not
> > like this requirement
> >
> > guidelines

<http://doc.openerp.com/usability_book/7.Guidelines/1business%20applications.html#defining-
new-applications-or-completing-existing-ones>

> > "Each business application must have one dashboard attached to his
> > root menuitem. When a user enters in a business application, he should
> > see the dashboard related to this application."
> >
> > especially in SME the same person has to navigate between applications
> > and in WEB always gets a dashboard which mostly is slow (lot of data
> > gathering, graphics display) and not helpful for the work to be
> > accomplished.
> >
> > Example "Create a new sales order" must first display "useless" CRM
> > Dashboard.
> >
> > I understand well that the menu "Sale Order" can be added to favorites
> > but these will fill up quickly.
> >
> > mit freundlichen Grüßen
> >
> > Ferdinand Gassauer
> >
> > ChriCar Beteiligungs- und Beratungs- GmbH
> >
> > Strakosch GmbH
> >
> > Terrain und Liegenschaftsverwertungs GmbH
> >

> Hello,
>
> Most of time, a user works only in one application. In a SME, maybe a
> user has to navigate between 3 or 4 different applications, but main
> actions are often available from dashboard, shortcuts can be used for
> the most used objects.
> We are working on improvement of all dashboards (necessary data, good
> filters, many actions on the lists,...) to make it more useful.

Looking at the behaviour of the users and situations I know , I doubt that
OpenERP will be used as you think.

Neverthelss, please ad a time dimension to  the graphs -

Example
"Sold Products and Total Price"
without time selection it
1) will select all available data - no one is interested in all sales from the
beginning of OpenERP
2) will consume considerable time to be generated
3) if a company has more than 20 -30 products , the x - axis is likely to be
unreadable anyhow

I really would appreciate if you could do testing with a full set of data
(2-3 years )
with the limited demo data everything "performs" and looks nice
--
regards
Ferdinand Gassauer
ChriCar Beteiligungs- und Beratungs- GmbH
Official OpenERP Partner

Follow ups