Re: [Openerp-expert-localization] Accounting rules for localized versions: YAML

Il giorno sab, 06/11/2010 alle 17.27 -0200, Raphaël Valyi ha scritto:
> Well, I'm pretty sure the list is not over, so you see, when I see
> OpenERP
> SA people taking care of just "the chart of account", well, excuse me,
> but I
> feel I need to restore the truth about the level of support I'll get
> with
> just that (cause I anticipate some BR Odoo already with same marketing
> mystification and I tell you without that code logic integration, here
> is
> all what you'll miss and that's considered basic here. If SAP,
> Microsoft or
> Oracle or Sage have less than 3% of the Brazil SMB market shares,
> complexity
> and poor ROI (at least in the past) was largely part of the
> explanation.
>
> I hope this bring us back on the ground about localization issues with
> OpenERP 6 (and I'm pretty sure other countries could present similar
> discrepancy lists, even in Europe).

Here in italy, we are facing the same problem.

OpenERP SA is certifing and merging in v6 a specific italian
localization addon which includes only a chart of account and some vat
reports.

This addon is developed and maintained by a single company (a silver
partner...).
The one (localization addon) developed by the community tries to fit
many laws and rules, so it is more complex than a chart of account.

OpenERP refuses to merge the community work because it cannot be easily
tested and certified without specific knowledge (on italian accouting).

If OpenERP doesn't understand that customers need more than a chart of
account, they will always prefer cheaper accounting management softwares
instead of a complete ERP, just because the ERP cannot fit the local
law.

regards,
--
Davide Corio