Re: Fixed Assets Management in OpenERP 6

On 27. 04. 11 17:22, Ovnicraft wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 10:03 AM, Fred Blauer <fblauer@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:fblauer@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     Fixed Assets and inventory are treated differently from accounting
>     point of view, and the entries are completely different. Inventory
>     is for resale and fixed assets are not. There is a gain/loss on
>     sale of fixed assets (based on depreciated cost) and not on
>     inventory. Fixed assets are depreciated and inventory is not.
>     Fixed assets are considered long term assets (more than 1 year),
>     while inventory is short term, on the financial statements.
>     Usually fixed assets are in a separate module, since they are
>     treated completely differently than inventory, from an accounting
>     point of view.
>

> Thanks Fred for you comment so i propose create another locations with
> asset module it will get:
>
> Name
> Code
> Keeper (employee who the responsible of the asset, i dont know if this
> is common in all countries)
> Asset will get a direct relation with this location.
>
> Module allow transfer between locations, there is any account
> treatment here?
>
> Waiting for your comments.
>
> Best regards,

as I somehow said already, not sure this is needed, let's not complicate
things... there is a strong infrastructure for dealing with locations,
let's just use it wisely.
the "keeper" has no utility in accounting, this is only an
administrative issue. I suggest to focus in this round on accounting
issues, and the move forward.

what do you think?