Re: Fixed Assets Management in OpenERP 6

On 08. 05. 11 09:01, mohammed gaafer wrote:
> Dears,
>
> I suggest to have a local asset_move/lines table rather than dealing
> with account_move/lines directly and a method of periodical
> accumulative posting to GL affecting just 3 accounts (fixed asset
> account, asset depreciation account and expense account) in one single
> move.
>
> This is to avoid the situation where I have 50 fixed asset in my
> company and I compute the depreciation monthly, consequently this
> would create 100 move lines per month and I will end up with a general
> ledger full of asset depreciation transactions.
>
> Considering this solution, only detailed report about the asset
> depreciation will be provided by FAM module and the accounting module
> would just show accumulative transactions/accounts
>
> Thanks

Mohammed,

I take your point. To me this is not an essential issue for this round.
I would rather focus on thigs that HAVE to work, before starting to
change what IS working.

However, I would like to hear other people's experience and opinion,
maybe I am underestimating something.

thank you,
bogdan

PS how many moves (lines) do you usually have in one month?