VAT in manual bookings

When I sell or purchase via customer and supplier invoices the VAT works great.

But when I create a manual journal entry I have x number of items which constitutes costs and then one single entry which, in my case, is booked on account 2640. that whole amount, manually calculated, is VAT for all items in the journal entry. Nothing goes to the tax report, of course, since the account in question has not been configured.

If I were to add the 25% VAT I use for supplier invoices only 25% of the amount moved to 2640 would be generated to the tax report.

Also, the above tax (25%) is configured to take the VAT amount and move it to account 2640 so I suspect I would be caught in an infinite loop.

the problem would be solved if I could tie an account to a tax code rather than the full tax entity. This is possible to do on the journal entry but will then have to be done every-time I book something against that account.

Do I have to create a new tax called 100%?

In desperate hope of a reply :)

Cheers
david

--